I use qmail-scanner so my setup is a little different. I've never seen
a score of "s" before. I do occasionally have a similar problem.
Sometimes a message gets a score of "?" and the required score is also
shown as "?". I haven't figured out what causes that, but when I run
that message through sa on the command line it will get scored
properly.