arni writes:

> 133.46.254.74.in-addr.arpa is an alias for 133.128.46.254.74.in-addr.arpa.
> 133.128.46.254.74.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mail.visioncomm.net.
>
> probably a not so clever blacklist considering your ip dynamic because the
alias has its own ip in the alias name

> arni

Dan Barker follows up:

I "think" you confirmed that my delegated rDNS is proper and that the 421
message is in error. But I'm not certain. Can you please confirm your
assessment? My ISP provides me a /26 subnet out of the 74.254.46.0 class C,
so the rDNS delegation is done with CNAMEs from the class C subnet to my
74.254.46.128/26 subnet's DNS servers. They serve the appropriate PTR
records.

Thanks again for the bandwidth;
Dan