On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:25:48 -0500
Daniel J McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 17:01 -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just setup a new server with vanilla SA
>
> What version?

3.1.9 on CentOS 5

> > on CentOS 5 and a lot of obvious
> > drug/stock/foreign stuff is getting through. I have verified that DNSBL
> > is being used. In general, I would like to know what the prevailing
> > wisdom is as to increasing the agressiveness of my filter.
>
> Add the SARE rules.  They tend to kill most of the drug and stock stuff.

When I run ./rules_du_jour I just get a mess of errors about trying
to write to /etc/spamassassin which does not exist. Apparently CentOS
uses /etc/mail/spamassassin/ and more so /usr/share/spamassassin/ for
cf files. Is there any documentation for this script?

> > Will SA get better as it considers the input?
>
> If you have bayes enabled.

My .spamassassin/bayes_* files are updating. Does that mean it's enabled?

Thanks,
Mike