On 28.06.2007 08:14, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 22:24 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
>> I just upgraded from SA 3.1.8-gr1 to SA 3.2.1-gr1 (Gentoo) and notice
>> that I'm no longer getting any BAYES_NN test notices in my X-Spam-Status
>> summary in my mail headers, or in the content analysis details in
>> intercepted spam.  Under 3.1.8 I was getting Bayesian filter scores on
>> everything since I'm well over the minimum required count of both spam
>> and ham.  Is there something I need to do to turn this on?  I have all
>> Bayes stuff in MySQL, and seem to remember someone else posting with a
>> similar problem a while back with 3.2.0.
>>
>> Where should I look for the answer to this?
>
> Well I backed out to SA version 3.1.8 and I'm getting activity from my
> Bayes filters again.  Maybe someone can give me some pointers on how to
> debug this problem so I can get back up to v3.2.1.

Probably a gentoo bug.  I've run into the same problem.  Downgrading
mysql from 5.0.42 to 5.0.40 solved the problem for me.  In other words,
SA 3.2.1 and mysql 5.0.42 resulted in no BAYES scores.  SA 3.2.1 and
mysql 5.0.40 works as expected.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/99750/match=bayes+returning+undef
was my problem report.

Hope it helps.