I took over this project (dealing w/spam) with very little instruction or
experience, so My Apologies if my questions are ignorant...
I had previously run sa-update manually, and we also have it scheduled
automatically twice a day. The updates are happening as scheduled, and being
placed in var/lib/spamassassin/3.001001/..., however, spamassassin seems to
be ignoring the rules there.
I manually copied 80_additional.cf to etc/mail/spamassassin, and now I am
getting new rule hits, including the TVD_PDF_FINGER01 rule.
According to what I have read, rules should work when they are in
var/lib/spamassassin/.. Do I misunderstand, or do we have something
configured wrong?
Thanks for your replies!
MW