On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:28 -0700, Evan Platt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>At 08:19 PM 8/12/2007, lynk wrote:
>
>>I'm totally confused re this spamassassin thingy... i can't seem to get MS
>>outlook to read the email i received (spam/ham) after spamassassin(3.1.9)
>>scanned the message.
>
>You posted this 2 days ago. If no one answers again, I have two suggestions:
>
>First would be ask in a Outlook / Microsoft forum. Perhaps not a lot
>of people here use OutHouse / Outhouse Distress.

>>http://www.nabble.com/MS-outlook-can%27t-read-parsed-email...-HELP%21%21-tf4247467.html#a12087709
>>Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>Second would be ditch Nabble. Nabble is simply a web based forum
>that's a link to a e-mail group -
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I for one am close to killfiling any posts from them, so I'm sure
>others perhaps already are.

For what it's worth a colleague of mine is throwing many curses at the
spamc component for SA. His comments are not repeatable in polite
company. Some of *his* problems stem from the way the spamc connector
is written... Below is an extract of the irc rant he had on the
subject....

[20:24] <!JamesDR> damn it
[20:25] <!JamesDR> the exchange plugin is adding 3 CR's
[20:25] <!JamesDR> hmm
[20:52] <!JamesDR> sa 3.2.3 is out
[21:13] <!JamesDR> Grr.
[21:14] <!JamesDR> I think I'm going to replace the exchange spamc
junk with what I know works
[21:14] <!JamesDR> mtsmilter code

[20:35] <!JamesDR> man, who ever wrote this ExchangeSpamC NEVER use
option explicit, therefore almost all of his vars (that he didn't
copy/paste from) weren't dimensioned
[21:31] <!JamesDR> seems to be sorted now :-D
[21:31] <!JamesDR> converted my old code to the new code
[21:44] <!JamesDR> PITA, cause it was adding CR's to messages, namely
3 mroe
[21:44] <!JamesDR> more
[21:44] <!JamesDR> but outlook and OWA displayed the messages OK, but
blackberries didn't
[21:45] <!JamesDR> I figured out why, he blindly replaced CR's with
CRLF's then replaced LF's with CRLF's
[21:45] <!JamesDR> then for good measure
[21:45] <!JamesDR> before writing back to exchange, replaced Cr's
again with CrLF's

I have no idea if this is related to your problem, what I can say is
that many of my users use Outlook and they have had no issues (that
said, I don't use Exchange).

It may be worth your while upgrading to a later version of SA (3.2.3)
and seeing if that helps at all. Also take SA back to absolute bare
bones, read all the docs carefully and see how far you get before
problems start to appear/reappear.

As the man says, talk to the OL people, see if they have any helpful
input (I wouldn't hold your breath on that one).

Check you logs, see what info is being posted there for any clues.
Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs but I'm of the opinion
it's best to start with the obvious and simple and work up from there.

Just my 2p worth.

KR

Nigel