Jo Rhett wrote:
On Aug 14, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Loren Wilton wrote:
PDFinfo plugin from SARE helps a lot with the pdf mess. Theo has also published a number of rules that catch them, I believe. You can get them form one of the standard SA update channels. I suppose we ought to publish some SARE rules for the greeting cards, although our experience is they tend to get caught pretty well without help. Apparently though others need more help :-)

Just to make it clear what I and others keep saying on this topic: I'm using 4 different systems that have various 3.x versions of spamassassin, all of which use sa-update, and none of which are doing an adequate job of catching gif, pdf or ecard spam. It's upwards of 20 an hour on several systems.

I think that rules which did a better job on these messages would be greatly appreciated.

See my other post about the PDF not matching, with an example spam included.

Have you tried BOTNET?

Have you tried clamav with sanesecurity?