[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It's interesting to me that your chosen example of "doing it right" is
in fact doing 2 very wrong things (bl.spamcop.net as a blacklist, and
sender callback).

What's the problem with bl.spamcop.net?

a) poor quality control on the part of spamcop leads to lots of false positives (listing the wrong host due to improper analysis of the received header, listing due to inaccurate reports, etc.)

b) poor policies on the part of spamcop leads to lots of false positives (listing due to various types of autoresponders, etc.)

c) last I checked (which may have changed) even THEY don't recommend using their blacklist as an actual MTA blacklist, but instead they recommend it for things like SA blacklist checks (ie. use it for scoring, not for outright blocking).