J o a r wrote on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:04:31 +0200:

> Why would I, as a SPF publishing domain owner, care if they have
> anything else to check?
> As long as they reject messages that fail SPF checks for my domain,
> my problem is solved.

If you see it from that perspective, yes. But the point is that server
owners need to have an incentive to use it. If most of the domains don't
have an SPF policy, anyway, and many of the remaining a softfail policy
there's not much incentive for me as a server owner to check all mail.
That's wasting a lot of dns lookups. On the other hand if a lot of domains
use it I can reject a lot of spam from bots as a side-effect. That's a
clear incentive to implement it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany