_____

From: Marc Perkel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 5:26 PM
To: Bernd Petrovitsch
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: SPF-Compliant Spam

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 12:50 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

[...]

I don't support from mangling and I'm talking about email forwarded to

us from other servers who also don't do from mangling.

So "not from-mangled" forwarded email cannot be (technically and quite

simply) distinguished from intended spam mail.

So the only logical useful consequence is to forbid not from-mangled

forwarding.

Where is the real problem?

BTW I see "from mangling" as a conceptual necessary thing: Simply

because the forwarded mail is actually sent by your mail server.

        Bernd

Forwarded mail isn't send from my server. It is sent from the sender. I am
relaying the message and it's not up to me to mangle the from address. The
people who I farward to want the from address to be original.
[Rick Cooper]

Then your server(s) should be listed in their SPF records, problem solved.
We list every host that could possibly end up sending mail on from any of
our systems, that includes back up relays, ect. If you are sending mail for
them you should be listed in their SPF records, easy enough.

Rick

believed to be clean.