From: Crocomoth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:42 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Suggestion to developers

SpamAssassin is a really great product.
But, it is perl-based and checks every message with a lot of (all) rules
(, always!).
Volume of spam is constantly increasing, as well as CPU and memory load
that SA creates on servers.
As a SA user, I would be happy to have the following possibility in the
next
version:
1. Add an option which will allow to limit number of rules run against
every message. I.e., if the limit of spam points is reached to
required_score, stop further checking and process the message as a spam.
I think, not all users really interested in gathering all statistics
about all spam messages.
2. According to (1), it makes sense to sort all rules from lightweight
to heavyweight (including ones which require internet queries) and make
checking in this order.

This could allow to lower SA footprint.
Thanks.