newby 23 wrote:
How do I disable AWL?

Not sure; check the docs for the version of SA you're using. It *has* changed more than once in the last year or so IIRC.

My users_prefs file does not currently have a bayes_expiry_max_db_size
option in it.  Do I simply add one, setting a smaller value?

Yep.

 If so, how do
I get a sense of what a good value is?

Trial and error. :/ FWIW, I have a system with a global Bayes DB set for 1,500,000 tokens, running ~45M, and my account on my personal system runs ~5.5M with the default 150,000 tokens. It looks like it's pretty much hardcoded to keep at least 100,000 tokens, so you might get down as far as ~3M with that setting.

There's nothing that I can do with bayes_toks?

To actually trim the file, you may have to discard the Bayes database you've got and train a new one with the new bayes_expiry_max_db_size value. BerkelyDB doesn't shrink the file when a record is deleted; you usually have to copy the live data to a new file and move it over top of the old one.

-kgd