My rate is more or less 500 per day. Most is spam, which comes in more
copies (for free!), or regular mail with no URIs, or URIs in signature but
"common contacts" (more mails per day with the very same URIs). Thereby
yesterday I had to issue only 100 queries over a volume of 500 mails. Today
I expect more or less the same volume, but much less queries (I would bet on
40).

Giampaolo

> So, what happens with your plugin should a timeout or ban occur?

A negative reply is saved in the cache. The negative reply entries expire by
default in one day (this can be tweaked), while positive ones in a month
(this too can be tweaked). Rules tied to whois queries are not run on a
negative reply. Since I'm only interested in the domain's creation date and
defined nameservers, positive replies could even last longer. Not too
longer, however, to avoid incurring in FPs due to the PARTNSMIS/FULLNSMIS
rule, should a domain change its nameservers.

Giampaolo