This is really a good idea.

The only problem is that a spammer could "query" it days before it will bulk
send, thereby impairing the effectiveness of such approach.

I think we need some "official" data like the domain's creation time: at
least, spammers will be mandated to buy domains a couple of month before
using them...

Giampaolo