Dears,

well, I just did version 0.01 of the URIWhois plugin.

Its purpose is mainly to detect some spam containing URIs to sites in
brand-new domains, or having some conflict in whois and dns records, or
being driven by specific dns servers.

So, it is meant to do something I believe someone else is already doing in
their SA, but this plugin is completely asynchronous in order to minimize
any performance impact.

Also, it caches whois results. But the best thing is that, if you run more
SA copies on the same computer (in example, you use amavis), when one is
asked to issue a whois query for a domain which another copy is already
quering, the first SA copy waits for the results obtained by the latter!

Finally, it is easily configurable to adapt to your own mileage: you may
even avoid whois queries by not using some of the rules. More details by
perldoc.

Please note this is not stable stuff. It is... well, what's before alpha?

The URIWhois plugin needs SA v.3.002003 (or above?) and would surely
appreciate a quite recent copy of BerkeleyDB (I'm using 0.31 with v.4.5 of
the berkeleydb libraries).

You can download it from here:
http://www.tomassoni.biz/download/URIWhois-0.01.tar.bz2 (come on, it is 17
KB...).

Untar it on the /etc/spamassassin directory and you are (almost) done.
Review settings from the /etc/spamassassin/URIWhois.cf file.

I would like to have this code reviewed by you, since I'm not that much used
to the async thingeries in SA.

Enjoy!

Giampaolo