> At 08:10 AM 9/28/2007, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> >Is there a new PayPal phish going about? This almost looks
> >legitimate, and I imagine it would have a lot of appeal to the
> >survey-lovers. (I had no communication with PayPal this week, so I
> >know this is bogus.)

....some time ago when setup on ebay and paypal we received a legitimate
email implying from and/or approved by paypal so to speak from a paypal
email address and server and it was a essentially UCE spam.

I checked the headers and doing a traceroute took me straight to the InfoUSA
gateway...

Doing a dig or two forward and reverse revealed *proper* dns forward and
reverse for the paypal.com aliased smtp server inside the infousa ip
network.

The proper forward and reverse dns alone implies some type of agreement and
consent between those orgs to any knowledgeable internetwork admin that ive
ever met.

Imagine that boys and girls.

Deception, money, and power talk eh?

Tif I remember correctly, there was essentially no comment from paypal
regarding it being real or a phish.

I was trying to dig it up in our archives and will post info if I find it

 - rh