On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:43:37 -0700 (PPT), "John D. Hardin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Duane Hill wrote:
>
>> > But people don't read logs, or they would know...  I'd suggest die-ing
>> > instead.
>>
>> Why not make it a configurable option in local.cf defaulting to
>> die. That way for those of us who create custom .cf files that
>> have the system resources can do so and not have to split them up
>> into more than one file.
>
>No, the size-to-die-at should be configurable, not whether you die or
>warn. If you *want* to support large custom config files, then up the
>limit.

Perhaps a little more info about each rule would be helpful? I've
ended up with mine through a variety of trial and error and list post
comments and suggestions.

I run SA on a dedicated machine and it has had problems in the past,
though admittedly some of those could have been attributed to a
combination of remote DNS and remote MySQL. Still, some explanation
regarding the caveats (which _are_ included in some rules info) could
help the process some?

Just my 2p worth.

Kind regards

Nigel.

BTW - 5 days to Halloween and the little buggers are knocking my door
already - some things American should remain American! :-D