At 12:54 PM 11/5/2007, Philip Prindeville wrote:

Well, Yahoo is a waste of time for other reasons, right? They tell you that it doesn't come from their site... but to use the top-most Received: line's IP address, then to look that up on ARIN.... which... surprise! ... typically points to Yahoo! (or one of their surrogates, like Inktomi... do their tier-1 people not *know* that Yahoo owns Inktomi? or are they just playing dumb?).

Want to talk Stupid, let's talk Google Groups.

I've given up on reporting people posting through Google Groups posting blogspot spam. I have a usenet filter specifically to drop GG posts. Google just doesn't care. I have spam posts going back 3 years Google has done nothing about.

I finally got an answer at least about blogspot: Once they delete a blogspot page because of Spam, there's nothing to prevent the person from recreating the page.