Jared Hall wrote:
There was no SPAM before Hormel invented it
and it most certainly can be trademarked -
just like "threepeat".

For at least five years that I know of, Hormel
didn't object to anyone using spam as long as
it was not all upper-case, and published such
in their trademark use section.

They tried.  IIRC, there was a stroy with dspam two years ago.

I don't blame them. The name has been adopted and widely used: they had no chance at this.

Looking at Spam Arrest's website, they are all
over the map with their spelling of spam.  I
don't blame Hormel.  Spam Arrest should make
up their mind, even if it's just for good
marketing sense.