Anthony Peacock escribió:
Can I feed a plain text file representing just the body
of a message to sa-learn?

/Diego

Yes you can, who to stop it?

I just sent your message body as --ham, and it told it learned one message.

I meant without the headers, just the body.
ok thanks

Well the short answer is, yes you can.

The slightly longer answer is that you won't get as good results doing this, as the Bayes system uses tokens found in the complete message. By only learning on the body you will not gain any advantage for tokens found in headers.

Yep, I know, precisely the problem is that I don't have the original headers after the mail has been delivered. My intention was to manually feed the few spam messages that slip thru undetected. By the time I get a hold of those, they are in the recipient's mail client inbox, not in the server. I was thinking, if I save the mail as EML files, would that preserve the headers in a way that sa-learn can parse correctly?

Thanks
/Diego