Diego Pomatta wrote:
Anthony Peacock escribió:
Well the short answer is, yes you can.

The slightly longer answer is that you won't get as good results doing this, as the Bayes system uses tokens found in the complete message. By only learning on the body you will not gain any advantage for tokens found in headers.

Yep, I know, precisely the problem is that I don't have the original headers after the mail has been delivered. My intention was to manually feed the few spam messages that slip thru undetected. By the time I get a hold of those, they are in the recipient's mail client inbox, not in the server. I was thinking, if I save the mail as EML files, would that preserve the headers in a way that sa-learn can parse correctly?

Depends on the client.

For instance, Thunderbird stores it's folders in mbox format, so sa-learn can work against those files as-is. Other email clients can save emails in text format complete with headers.
I use Thunderbird. There are two files for that folder: Junk.msf (7k) and Junk (53.172k). The msf file must be some kind of index. I just feed the biggest one to sa-learn?

Yes, the .msf file is an index file. I just copy the mbox file (Junk in your case) to the server and run the following command specifying the filename (as shown):

/usr/local/bin/spamassassin --report --mbox Junk

--
Anthony Peacock
"A CAT scan should take less time than a PET scan.  For a CAT scan,