McDonald, Dan wrote:
On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 21:58 +0100, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
Hi!

provide this hosted (i.e. I'm thinking of offering), but instead of ONLY
log it somehow feed / create a blacklist based on this?

I'm not as familiar with blacklists as many of you, but the network /
smtp / logging side of this is easy for me to implement.

I'm thinking make this a very public (free) service to gather data for
the blacklist, anyone could list the mx.
Whats wrong with :

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/submit_form.php?table=bogusmx

wrong direction.  That lists domains that don't have their MX records
set up properly, not ip addresses that attempt to send mail to sites
that are not MX records.

and the difference is?

if you force our servers to retry each time we connect to your server, then we will find other people to talk to (in short, we'll BL you) unless you ask the IETF to modify SMTP by adding a "knocking" requirement.