Evan Platt wrote:
> The e-mail had a pretty vague subject ("numbers" or something), and
> the body of the message was vague, like "Here's the latest" with an
> attached Excel spreadsheet. I almost deleted it until he not only
> 'recalled' it,

And if nothing else had happened for another day you probably would
have just discarded it and never given it another thought, right?  I
mean we have all seen random junk that just isn't worth our time to
look at further.

> but sent a message saying to delete the original
> message. The spreadsheet? It contained sales data for ALL his stores
> - number of employees, $ amount of sales, # of sales, revenue,
> etc. He obviously intended to send this to his boss, but sent it to
> all of his sales stores.

A good example of "The Streisand Effect" in operation.  By trying to
suppress it he called attention to it effecting the opposite of what
he really desired.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

The lesson for all of us is that when information escapes that it
cannot be suppressed.  The act of suppressing it calls attention to it
making it more prominent.  If that is unwanted then the better course
of action is to say nothing.

> Quite funny. The "recall" didn't work.

Yes.  Too funny.

Bob