Hi Kris,
At 09:12 09-04-2008, Kris Deugau wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions on tuning a large global Bayes db for stability and sanity? I've got my fingers in the pie of a moderately large mail cluster, but I haven't yet found a Bayes configuration that's sane and stable for any extended period. Wiping it completely about once a week seems to provide "acceptable" filtering performance (we have a number of addon rulesets), but I still see spam in my inbox with BAYES_00 - a sure sign of a mistuned Bayes database.

Spam hitting BAYES_00 points to the bayes database being polluted. That can happen if the autolearn levels are not low enough. Some manual learning can help to keep the Bayes database in tune. A more aggressive expiry won't necessarily prevent mistuning. You'll have to do some MySQL tuning for performance. In a large setup, manual learning isn't always possible. You can have some rules to identify some "good" and "bad" messages which are representative of the userbase.

Regards,
-sm