On Apr 21, 2008, at 10:01 PM, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
Actually I don't think it's that hard, at least for conversations on public
lists.

Right now it seems to be more work than they bother with. As I've noted, I read all my spam looking at the latest techniques and I've never seen this. (I have a 20-year-old mail address which gets thousands per hour unfiltered which I use to test my ideas with)

Also, I've had spammers forge my email address from work to mail my personal
account.

Do you have the same lhs? At least one of the botnets tries to match lhs for the forged sender. A few of my messages came from my other accounts, many others (in the same spam run) came from people I didn't know with the same lhs.

--
Jo Rhett