Hi everyone, I'm back from vacation and want to pick up where I left off. I had offered to let anyone use one of my hosts.

tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com

as your highest numbered MX. The idea being that I would always return a 451 error. You would gain some spam reduction and I would gain blacklist data. What I'm doing is looking for hosts that don't issue QUIT to close the connection and other sins for instant blacklisting.

But - although I haven't had much in the way of takers for using my host, many of you were interested in the concept and asked me to share code. I would like to but my process for accomplishing it requires a lot of unique stuff and it's just a mess. So it's not that I'm holding out, but what I have isn't really that useful to anyone. And it really needs to be done right.

So of you have done something similar using perl as an smtp server and I like that idea. So what I want to do is basically start a discussion of the process and theory and let some of you who are better programmers than I am do it right. One think I can tell you is that this is extermely effective even in the crude state that I have it in and if it were done right and many sources collaborated it could virtually eliminate ALL spambot spam.

Perhaps this could become a separate project of spamassassin, not part of SA, but something to be used in conjunction with it. In my next message in this thread I will describe the process. Like to keep this thread focused on those who are interested in participating in making this happen.