----- Original Message ----- From: "John Hardin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Obantec Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: Undeliverable mails

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Obantec Support wrote:

i looked over the above and my server seems to conform but it still scores low on an example email.

BAYES_99,BOUNCE_MESSAGE autolearn=no version=3.2.4

VBOUNCE is not intended to mark bounces as spammy by itself, it's intended to _identify_ them. In your delivery chain post-SA you'd look for ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE in X-Spam-Status and then either deliver to a "bounces for review" folder, or drop the message.

You could, however, add a meta-rule that adds points for messages hitting both ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE and BAYES_99, if you trust your bayes. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator of a bounced spam.

Perhaps:

  meta   BOUNCED_SPAM  (ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE && BAYES_99)
  score  BOUNCED_SPAM  4.0

how do i impliment the above?

Mark

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  A sword is never a killer, it is but a tool in the killer's hands.
                          -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca (Martial) 4BC-65AD
 14 days until SWMBO's Birthday