> From: Helmut Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:12:48 +0200
> To: <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
> Subject: sa-update and location of rules
>
> Hi,
>
> running FreeBSD I have two directories with rules in it:
>
> /usr/local/share/spamassassin
> /var/db/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org
>
> Which is the correct directory, which rules are used?

SpamAssassin will use the default, distributed rules in
/usr/local/share/spamassassin plus /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin UNTIL
YOU RUN SA-UPDATE.

Then it uses the rules in
/var/db/spamassassin/<version>/updates_spamassassin_org plus
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com