"Theo Van Dinter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:42:41AM +0200, Helmut Schneider wrote:
So /var/db/spamassassin/<version>/updates_spamassassin_org has precedence
over /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin? Some kind of version checking or
rather the existence of the rules file? What happens if
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin contains obsolete rules?

/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin sounds like your like site rules dir, so if
you have obsolete rules in there you will continue to have them.

Typo, I meant /usr/local/share/spamassassin/

FWIW, the directories and their order are well documented in the spamassassin
POD.

Could you please point me to the exact location? Thanks.