James Wilkinson <sa-user <at> aprilcottage.co.uk> writes:

> Henry Kwan wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the script but I don't think I can use it as Exchange2K7
> > has dropped IMAP support for public folders.  Or least this blog post
> > from MSFT seems to indicate:
> >
> > http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/02/20/419994.aspx
>
> I don't have any Exchange 2007 experience, but at least on 2003 "public
> folder" and "normal mailbox into which everyone can copy e-mail and to
> which no-one can send e-mail" are two separate concepts. And you can use
> IMAP to read the contents of the latter.

I still can't figure out if public folders under Exchange2K7 can be IMAP-enabled
but in the meanwhile, I have been fiddling with the script that Martin posted.

I ended up creating a mailbox where I could move all the spam/ham into from the
public folders.  Then I would run the script from the SA machine to grab the
spam/ham.  The script dies on me after it grabs the spam (but not the ham):

system /usr/local/bin/sa-learn --spam --showdots --dir /root/spam/ > /dev/null
2>&1 failed: 32512 at ./grabmail.pl line 180.

I then manually run sa-learn and it seem to succeed:

[boxen]# sa-learn --spam --progress --dir /root/spam/
100%
 12.58 msgs/sec 00m07s DONE
Learned tokens from 96 message(s) (97 message(s) examined)

Not quite automated but I could live with this since I probably will only run it
once a week.

Thanks.