On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:46:13AM +0000, Duane Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Arthur Dent wrote:
>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I have just upgraded from SA 3.2.4 to 3.2.5 and ran sa-update to get the
>> latest rulesets (which also happens every night via a cronjob).
>>
>> I got the following errors:
>
> [errors chopped]
>
>> Stopping spamd:                                            [  OK  ]
>> Starting spamd:                                            [  OK  ]
>>
>> The error message doesn't make clear which rule file(s) are triggering the
>> error. Below I list the contents of my /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/
>>
>> I have no evidence, but I suspect the SARE rules...
>>
>> Any ideas as to what the problem is and how I can fix it?
>>

>> Thanks in advance...
>>
> [rules chopped]
>
> Have you looked at the debug output of:
>
>   spamassassin -D --lint

Well yes I did. But I just took a closer look - I must have missed these the
first time round:

[20811] dbg: rules: running meta tests; score so far=-0.812
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined dependency
'DCC_CHECK'
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test SARE_RD_SAFE has undefined dependency
'SARE_RD_SAFE_MKSHRT'
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test SARE_RD_SAFE has undefined dependency
'SARE_RD_SAFE_GT'
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test SARE_RD_SAFE has undefined dependency
'SARE_RD_SAFE_TINY'
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test SARE_HEAD_SUBJ_RAND has undefined dependency
'SARE_XMAIL_SUSP2'
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test SARE_HEAD_SUBJ_RAND has undefined dependency
'SARE_HEAD_XAUTH_WARN'
[20811] dbg: rules: meta test SARE_HEAD_SUBJ_RAND has undefined dependency
'X_AUTH_WARN_FAKED'
[20811] dbg: rules: compiled meta tests

Is this the source of the problem? What do I need to do to fix it?

I'm a little surprised as this is an out-of-the-box implementation and I
thought that after the upgrade, running sa-update would simple download the
relevant sare rulesets (which it did) and I would be up and running...

Thanks for your help so far.

Much appreciated...