Marc Perkel wrote:

> It's interesting how the concept of white rules seems to be beyond
> comprehension here. There is a registrar called markmonitor.com that
> looks like a very high end and expensive registrar that only services
> big companies like banks and such. So domains who are registered
> through Markmonitor would not be spammers and would likely be all
> ham. This isn't about spam detection - it's about ham detection.

It sounds like a good idea to me.  Of course, you need to find a
reliable way to do it and test to make sure it hits enough mail to be
worthwhile.  And, of course, make sure it works the way you think it
will.  :)

I think the problem is that most people think "Whitelist == Mark as
Ham".  In those terms, I'm not sure I would go with this idea.  But I
think it would probably be worth subtracting a few points from the
score.  With testing, we may find that it does work well as a solid
whitelist, or we may find that it doesn't work at all, but we'll never
know until we try ... so go for it!

--
Bowie