On fredagen den 4 juli 2008, Michele Neylon wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2008, at 22:06, Marc Perkel wrote:
> > You can't spoof Forward Confirmed rDNS.
>
> But you can't stop $bigcorporations PCs getting compromised either

You don't have to. As long as there is a non-zero correlation coefficient
between some property of a mail message and its spamminess, you can assign a
score. The correlation coefficient doesn't have to be 1 or -1 - in other
words, the property, in this example the registrar of the domain of the
remote host, doesn't have to be a perfect indicator of spam or ham. It's
enough that mail from domains registered with some registrars are less likely
to emit spam than others.

> And I really love the way you completely ignored my example of
> gmail.com ....

Exceptions are possible to handle. After all, SpamAssassin is all about
combining and adding many various rules.

--
Magnus Holmgren        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)