On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 12:30 -0700, Christopher Bort wrote:

> For a while now, I've been seeing attempts to send mail to the
> home server for addresses in $DAYJOB domains. This is not a
> problem since the volume is low and they are being properly
> rejected as third-party relay attempts (authentication required
> - relay not permitted). However, the fact that someone is
> apparently trying to send mail to an NS instead of an existing
> MX has piqued my curiosity. It looks like it's all spam (the
> sender addresses tend to support that).

Marc, this might be another way for you to collect your spam zombie
data. Offer a free public secondary-DNS service and run your dummy MTA
on that box. That way you're inherently rewarding (at least a little
bit) the people who are cooperating to provide you data.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  If Microsoft made hammers, everyone would whine about how poorly
  screws were designed and about how they are hard to hammer in, and
  wonder why it takes so long to paint a wall using the hammer.
 Today: the 39th anniversary of Man's first steps on the Moon