Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> I'm having a pretty hard time with this one for some reason, mainly
> because I don't understand regex.  I have a large number of emails
> that are getting past my spamassassin setup (Maia Mailguard 1.02a) as
> well as my Barracuda.  I would like to add a score to email from
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I'm not asking for anyone to write the rule for me
> (though that would be nice), but general guidance on how to go about
> doing this *easily*.

Try this:

header FROM_NOREPLY ToCc =~ /\bnoreply\@/i

\b - word break...this must be the start of the string or whitespace
\@ - @ is special to Perl regex, so you have to escape it
Since you don't care what the domain is, there is no need to continue the
regex past the @.

I haven't tested this rule, so watch to make sure it does what it's supposed
to.

--
Bowie