Or, install it from source. I've had problems myself installing
Spamassassin via CPAN, so many problems at a time, in fact, that I
simply gave up and went with package management - which worked first
time and every time after. Installation from source has been a bit more
hairy, but nowhere near as hairy as a CPAN install.

>From what I have read on the net, it would appear that CPAN installs are
best left alone unless you really know what you're doing and are willing
to fix things before you get the product installed - but that's just _my
opinion_. I don't want to tick anyone off on the list who really likes
CPAN - I have nothing against it - I just don't use it :).

2cents.

Cheers,
Mike