At 07:03 01-12-2008, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
And on an ip6 enabled system, where will "spamc localhost" try to connect to first? 127.0.0.1 or ::1?

By default, spamc connects to 127.0.0.1. On a properly configured network, it will try ::1, then 127.0.0.1.

Yes, but there's no way to listen on *both* addresses -- however, it's completely possible to listen on all ip4 addresses -- I'm just looking for a switch that will say "all ip4 AND all ip6".

There isn't a switch for all IPv4 and all IPv6 addresses.

Also, would be useful if I could specify to listen on "::" or "[::]" (neither worked when I tried it.) Again, consistent behavior between v4 and v6 is what I'm looking for.

If you specify the listen on as "::", spamd will listen on all IPv6 addresses.

Listening on v6 is pointless if I can't restrict. Is the correct answer "open another bug?" Or from these commit messages, should I simply assume the next 3.3 will have these (I see jm's note that the patches shouldn't cleanly apply to 3.2.x.)?

It's actually restricted. If you don't specify an IP address with -A, spamd will disconnect you. You won't be able to specify IPv6 addresses after the -A without the patch. You can either wait for 3.3 to be released or adapt that patch for your version of SpamAssassin.

Regards,
-sm