Martin Gregorie wrote:
> I've been reading threads saying that whitelist_from is spoofable and
> that I should be using whitelist_from_rcvd instead, so I checked the
> three whitelist entries I use to whitelist_from_rcvd. Here is an
> example:
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> However, I'm getting them rejected with the message:
>
> config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" is not valid
> for "whitelist_from_rcvd", skipping: whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Two specify the sender as [EMAIL PROTECTED] format and the third is a full
> name like [EMAIL PROTECTED] - these were acceptable as arguments for
> whitelist_from. I can't find anything in the wiki or on the SA website
> that shows the valid arguments for whitelist_from_rcvd, so what am I
> doing wrong?

You need a second parameter to whitelist_from_rcvd. The second parameter
is the hostname (or fragment thereof) that should be found in the
This part does assume that you have trusted_networks configured
properly, or that the auto-guesser works for your network (it won't if
your MX is NATed).

As for documentation, man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

Or the web copy of the same text for version 3.2.x:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#whitelist_and_blacklist_options