si-12 wrote:

> I appreciate that great progress is being mad re- getting the service back
> online again, but in the mean time was wondering ... has anyone found
> anything as effective as a temporary replacement or enhancement?
One rsync server is already up and running and is currently being tested,
with another being added soon, to test round-robin-dns setup.. just need a
little more time :)

As for ClamAV's freshclam... there were (from what I can remember) plans to
have Third-Party signatures, updated via freshclam and using their official
distribution mirrors.   Obviously, this would take time to setup.. and may
have issues for how Third-Party signatures are generated.

So, in the mean time... a few round-robin rsync mirrors, IPTable blocks on
IP who have download too much.. is the way it's looking short-term.

For those that haven't already... hop over to sanesecurity.co.uk and sign up
to the list...

Cheers and thanks for all the positive comments,

Steve
Sanesecurity