SM wrote:
> "Botnet Plugin" sounds like a plugin that detect botnets ...  If
> Rasmus is finding that many false positives, then he's using the wrong

> tools.

Well I am not using the botnet plugin because i am not sure how to
implement it with the SA engine running in Icewarp Merak. Anyway we do
have alot of problems with FP when we try out new things and I just have
to say some things just does not work good on a large scale where you
have to deal with all kinds og languages from all over the world.

We do business with tons of companies that are using some cheap/free
mailserver on their dsl line and then thats it - these are listed in PBL
and god knows where... but if we dont get their email trough it will
mean large amounts of lost revenue. I constantly have to be over the
system looking to see what new trends arise. Thankfully our system in
general seems to have a good reputation when delievering emails - so far
I have only 2 times seens examples where we got rejected - one time on
mail.ru (we are now on their internal whitelist - dont know why we got
blocked though no explanation from them) and 2nd some customers
mailserver and im not sure how they fixed it since they dont speak any
language i can understand or speak so our sales rep. for them translated
a bunch of stuff from me and now it seems ok.

Well I guess the main problem here is I cant educate the entire world or
just the companies we do business with due to lack of resources but also
due to the language barriers.

Another example could be Commtouch which we have a subscription for at
the moment.
We do see wierd FP from them from time to time (talking about just a
normal single email from person to person) and my point is just they do
have a lot more resources dedicated to this issue that our company does.

Any questions etc. I will be happy to try and answer them.

Best regards
Rasmus Haslund