Dave Funk wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009, Marc Perkel wrote:

Marc Perkel wrote:
Hi,

I have a quick bind question. I want to set the MX records on a domain to something normal but I want to set the MX for all subdomains to something else.

example.com mail.example.com
xxx.example.com blackhole.example.com

Thanks in advance

I should be more specific. I asked the question wrong.

*.example.com blackhole.example.com

What I need is that any subdomain point to blackhole.

Then replace 'xxx' with '*'. EG:

Briefly, in the zone file for example.com:

@    MX    10   mail.example.com.
*    MX    10   blackhole.example.com.

Yes, it -is- that simple. ;)
Not recommended for normal use but if you understand the risks involved,
it does work that way.

It didn't work - but this might be related. I have this in there as wellso that all A record subdirs resolve to the same IP.

mail            IN      CNAME   mail.ctyme.com.
mailman         IN      CNAME   mailman.ctyme.com.
mailman.mailman IN      CNAME   mailman.ctyme.com.
ssh             IN      A       65.49.42.101
ftp             IN      A       65.49.42.101
www             IN      A       65.49.42.100
*               IN      CNAME   @