Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

If there were two rules checking for exactly the same thing, both scoring
2.5 (we'd wonder if they has different score, right?), their combination
would score 5.0, while meta rule matching both of them would get -2.5.

Can someone please try to do

meta RCVD_HELO_NUMERIC_MISMATCH (RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH && RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO)

and check, or should I fill

I don't really see the issue here. The mail failed on two counts and received a score for each. Each are separate issues and each are indicative of spam (or a grossly mis-configured MTA). IMHO they are scored appropriately.

If YOU want to adjust the scoring or write a meta rule to only trigger if both rules hit then of course YOU are free to do so.

Personally I would just reject mail outright at the smtp level that's not helo'ing correctly at the smtp level and not even let it near SA to start with. If a MTA can't conform to basic RFCs about how to correctly helo then it has no place sending mail.

If it's legitimate mail then I suspect the senders experience a lot of their mail not getting through. You'd think that would give them some incentive to fix things and conform to the RFCs.