On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, LuKreme wrote:

I am considering the following:

 Autolearn read mail in the inbox as ham
  Autolearn mail in .Junk and .SPAM as spam

This is pretty east with maildir.

How is that different from using the built-in autolearning based on message score?

- in a site wide setup, it's hard to come up with a "serious" system
(get feedback but stay safe against dumb users)

That's why I'm looking at autolearn options.

It's not that hard if you're willing to accept the fact that manual training is _manual_ training.

Set up ham and spam training mail folders for your users. If you have a large user base you may only want to set that up for a subset of users - i.e. just the clueful ones. The users are given instruction in how to put FP and FN messages into their training folders. If you trust the user, you can script sa-learn to learn directly from their training folders. If not, the admin (or a clueful subordinate) has to review the users' training folders periodically and move the messages the user correctly classified to the folders that SA trains from.

  Failure to plan ahead on someone else's part does not constitute
  an emergency on my part.                 -- David W. Barts in a.s.r
 5 days until Daylight Saving Time begins in U.S. - Spring Forward