On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

LuKreme wrote on Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:02:06 -0700:

How is it the same? Already read messages in inbox means the user has
"accepted" those messages without trashing them or junking them.

If you can make sure that your users *really* delete or move spam to the right places, then it works, yes.

That, of course, is the crux of the biscuit.

I used to have a couple of users who treated their Trash folder as long-term read-message storage. After reading most messages they'd move them to Trash, and _never_ _purge_ _it_. I couldn't break them of this habit, even after purging their Trash folder from the server a couple of times. ("Oops! Disk failure! Well, that was trash, you can afford to lose that.")

But I fear there is a chance that users just "walk" over spam and let it stay as (depending on the mail client) it may just not be visible anymore which may be good enough for them.

Or delete it rather than moving it to .Junk

I'll modify my earlier comment - it sounds good, assuming you have a high degree of users behaving they way you want them to.

  Failure to plan ahead on someone else's part does not constitute
  an emergency on my part.                 -- David W. Barts in a.s.r
 4 days until Daylight Saving Time begins in U.S. - Spring Forward