I did not realize you were talking about whitelisting when I replied.
The whitelist_from and related commands use filename globbing.  You can
use '?' to represent one character or '*' to represent any number of
characters, but that is the extent of it.

The rule that I listed below can be used as an effective
whitelist/blacklist if you give it an appropriate score.  You can set
'allow_user_rules 1' in local.cf to allow the rule to be defined in
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.  If you do not want to allow user rules, you
can define the rule in local.cf and give it a 0 score.  The individual
users would then be able to activate the rule by changing the score in
user_prefs.

local.cf:
header MY_NUMBER_EMAIL To:addr =~ /^\d[0-9a-f\....@mydomain/i
score MY_NUMBER_EMAIL 0

~/.spamassassin/user_prefs:
score MY_NUMBER_EMAIL -100
(or set it to 100 for a blacklist effect)

Bowie