LuKreme wrote:
> On 17-Mar-2009, at 10:12, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > If you do not want to allow user rules, you
> > can define the rule in local.cf and give it a 0 score.  The
> > individual users would then be able to activate the rule by
> > changing the score in user_prefs.
>

> Oh?  Well, that's clever.  I thought scoring 0 disabled the rule
> completely, I didn't know that users could then enable it.

I haven't tried it, but as far as I know, it should work.  If a rule has
a score of 0, it is disabled, but that happens after all of the
configuration files are read in.  So if user_prefs gives the rule a
non-zero score, then that will override the score from local.cf and SA
should enable the rule for that user.

I'm sure someone else will put in their $.02 if there's some reason it
wouldn't work.

--
Bowie