On 28-Mar-2009, at 17:52, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 17:28 -0600, LuKreme wrote:
On 28-Mar-2009, at 15:32, RobertH wrote:
i have problems with the cabletv.org email list.

Why re you running SA over known list messages?

I'm a member of four lists that are not moderated and do not restrict
access to paid-up members of a parent organisation. Of the four, this
list is the only one that doesn't carry spam.

Hmmm... I subscribe to dozens of lists, not one of which is moderated or restricts access to paid-up members of anything and none of them get spam. Or if they do, they don't sent it on to the list. I don't subscribe to any Yahoo groups though.

Is that a good enough reason for you?

Spam filtering of mailing lists is the job of the list owner. If a list is frequently spammed find another list with a competent admin running on decent software.

--
The real American folksong is a rag -- a mental jag
A rhythmic tone for the chronic blues