LuKreme wrote:
> How about the 3rd post that exposes barracuda as a money-grubbing
> racketeering operation?
> "Barracuda own and operate emailreg.org, although there is no mention
> of this on the emailreg.org site, and the whois data is obscured.
> Indeed the owners of emailreg.org have gone to a lot of trouble to
> hide who they are, which would be illegal for a UK operated website of
> this type."
> Stay away. Stay far away.

I had no idea that emailreg.org was owned and operated by Barracuda. I
thought they were two separate entities. (though I did have my
suspicions about that relationship)

But, as the post you mentioned said, emailreg.org resolves to
64.235.146.64 and arin.net shows that 64.235.146.64 is clearly in
Barracuda's assigned address space. I'll tell you right now... this is
BIG and EASY money. Very BIG and very EASY money. I suspect they are
pulling in hundreds... maybe even thousands... of those $20 payments per
day.

If there is just 150 of these per business day, they've already cleared
a million $$ per year. Maybe there aren't that many?...but I suspect
that this number might be closer to a thousand per day, which would be
into the tens of millions of dollars per year.

(if I seem upset about this... read between the lines... and you might
understand why)

--
Rob McEwen
http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/