It is a ranked chunk of the top 200 spammers, not just a subset. It could even
make sense to score a mail based on both 70_sc_top200 *and* bl.spamcop.net:
this way the top 200's would earn some more points...

bl.spamcop.net doesn't give any hint about a source rank in the SC db...

> > The fact is that 70_sc_top200 seems stuck at Jan 2008 and the sare's
> > page (http://www.rulesemporium.com/) says ninjas are busy working on
> > something else.
> >
> > It seems to me 70_sc_top200 is an automatic rule, which
> tautologically
> > shouldn't involve any ninja at all in its updating.
>
> Well, it still would require some maintenance occasionally.
>
> > Anybody knows what happened to it?
>
> It died. And in fact, died *years* ago. As you can see two clicks away
> from the link you posted, it became superfluous long ago and has been
> deprecated. Just see the description of the rule-set:
>
>   Do not use these if you use SpamCop.net's blacklist (Default with net
>   enabled on 2.63). This ruleset is created from that data. [...]
>

> So, I'd say delete your copy of that stale file immediately.

A stale file is a stale file. But is it that much stale the idea as a whole? I
mean, the "top 200 spammers" one.

>   guenther

Giampaolo