Duane Hill wrote:
> Additional comment below. I should have checked docs before I
> initially responded.
>
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Duane Hill wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Matt Kettler wrote:
>>
>>> Interesting. use_auto_whitelist used to be an admin-only option (valid
>>> only in local.cf). But I guess if the admin wants to make sure no users
>>> can turn it on, then they can comment out the loadplugin.
>>
>> It probably changed when AWL became a plugin. Our setup allows the
>> end user to choose whether they want to use the option or not through
>> SquirrelMail. The default set up in local.cf has the option turned off.
Yes, the fact that it probably changed during the plugin conversion was
part of what I was implying.

> I could be wrong on this. Looking back at the docs for 2.6x, 3.0.x and
> 3.1.x, the use_auto_whitelist option is not listed under the
> administrator settings section. Therefore, I would have thought it
> would have been allowed under user_prefs.

You need to look closer :)

2.6x didn't have the option, it was a command-line parameter.

3.0.x did have the option, and it was an administrator setting:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#administrator_settings

By the time 3.1.0 was released, the AWL was already pluginized, so it,
and all versions after, have behaved the same.